Mad River Mist is the travel division for Humboldt Fastpitch. Mad River is actively seeking participants, ages 8 to 18, for the 2014 Fall season. The Fall season essentially runs September to the beginning of November. Here are the nuts and bolts for those who might be interested:
- Registration Fees: Fall ball participation will be $50 for new travel ball players. Registration fees cover the costs of practice facilities, disposable equipment, and player registration.
- Tournament Fees: Attendance to tournaments requires a $100 tournament fee per tournament unless other fundraising or financial arrangements have been made. Tournament fees contribute toward tournament entry fees, miscellaneous tournament expenses, and the travel expenses of our volunteer travel coaches who commit time, effort, and resources to the program.
- Tournaments: The goal is to attend one tournament in September, one tourney in October with the exception of the older players participating in the showcase, and we would like to attend a tourney in November. Our tournament considerations are:
- September 13-14th: Strike Out Cancer in Yuba City (http://www.eteamz.com/nsacalfp/news/index.cfm?id=5781609&cat=0)
- September 27th-28th: Summer Classic in Redding (http://www.nsacal.com/2014_Sept27.htm)
- October 11th-12th: South Valley College Exposure in Medford for MIST players ages 14 and up (www.valleysouthinvite.com)
- October 18th-19th: Halloween Bash in Sac (www.asatournaments.com)
- October 25-26th: Monster Mash in Redding (www.allstartournaments.com)
- November 8-9th: Fall Classic in Redding (http://www.eteamz.com/nsacalfp/news/index.cfm?id=5785037&cat=0)
Anyone interested may RSVP their participation by clicking the link below:
4. Practice: Practice through the Fall will be on Sundays, 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. Practices will bounce between Bartow Field at Rohner Park in Fortuna and the Arcata Sports Complex. Arcata Sports Complex tentative practice dates include: 8/17, 8/31, 9/14, 10/5, and 10/19...unspecified Sundays will be at Bartow Field in Fortuna.
5. Questions: Any questions can be directed via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to our facebook pages:Mad River Girls Softball: https://www.facebook.com/groups/155033233999/
Humboldt Fastpitch: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HumboldtFastpitchSoftball