Thank you to all who attended assessments! It is very helpful to the daunting task of attempting to distribute player skill evenly among teams, while factoring in region, age, and logistic needs - all that for a combined registration of 391 girls for the 2016 season! Thank you to all who assisted in running the assessments, including the Mad River Girls Fastpitch Softball Association's 16U Travel Team, the Mad River MIST, who greeted and escorted players through the assessment stations.
Team Distributions: We are scheduled to finalize team distributions on Thursday night, March 24th.
- Coaches Meeting: Tentatively scheduled for next week.
- Practices: Many of our local Parks and Recs have told us fields will not open until at least April 1st. Coaches may need to be creative with practice plans depending on when the fields actually do open. The moisture has really put a damper on the field maintenance activities they have been able to do in years past. As soon as fields open, we'll get those girls out there!
- Communication: We do as much as possible electronically! If you know someone who is not getting the email updates, please have them email firstname.lastname@example.org! We are happy to add them to the list! Also, we have not been able to finish merging last year's email list with this year's and as a result some of you may be getting multiple emails of the same thing! Thank you for your patience as we work to get the season started. We are looking to clean that up by the end of next week also!
- Social Media: We post on Facebook any email communications that we send plus more! Please join us:
We also love positive and fun community interaction! Please feel free to positively post and/or comment! We love to hear from you!
- Game Schedule: Once teams are finalized, we will attempt to get the schedule out as soon as possible. Look for games to "soft start" mid-late April with the first tournament being April 29th, 30th, May 1st. We are hoping the weather doesn't crash our best laid plans but that uncertainty is all part of the sport!
- Pictures: Team and individual pictures will be available again this year. This year pictures will be provided by Parky's Pics:
A photo schedule will be distributed at a later date.
- Spirit Wear: Will be largely on a pre-order basis. Pre-orders will be collected electronically and available for pick up at snack bars during tournament play. The 2016 Humboldt Fastpitch Softball Sweatshirt (see attached pic below):
Look for Pre-Order Forms soon!
Camp Opportunity: Fortuna High School is offering another clinic during Spring Break. Space is limited and pre-registration is done online. Click here to download a clinic flyer. To reserve a spot for your player, click this link below. If you know of other local softball camps, please let us know as we will post those as well.
If you have any questions for us, please let us know!